This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no cost to you.
Make one of 13 Australian paper plate animals with our latest printable collection!
This set of templates is a fun way to support kids learning about Australian animals and includes a selection of Aussie birds, mammals and one reptile (the croc of course!) that can all be created from paper plates.
Thanks to being an isolated continent, Australia has lots of unique animals not found anywhere else in the world. Some are iconic, like kangaroos and koalas. Others are notoriously fearsome, like the salt water croc. Some are less well-known, like the super cute Quokkas and Numbats.
Funnily enough, many of these animals are just the right shape to recreate from a paper plate!
That’s exactly what I’ve done with this set of kids craft templates. Kids can learn about each animal with some fascinating facts while they craft too.
What’s in the Australian paper plate animal ebook?
- Thirteen printable templates which can be printed to card stock, cut out and attached to paper plates to make an animal
- Interesting facts about each animal and a finished example, photographed against a paper habitat
- General step-by-step instructions with photographs
- Written instructions for how to decorate each unique animal and a shape map to show where the pieces go
- List of the basic supplies you will need for the craft projects – mainly card stock, paper plates, glue, sponges and paint
- Printable paper googly eyes (so you don’t have to use plastic ones!)
The animals are decorated by adding texture to the assembled craft using various techniques. These include sponge stamps, Q-tips, finger prints and for the croc a DIY bubble wrap stamp.
What Australian animals are included?
The animals included in the ebook are:
- Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
- Salt Water Crocodile
- Kangaroo – jumping
- Kangaroo – standing with joey in pouch
- Tasmanian Devil
Of course, there are way too many amazing Australian animals to be able to include them all, but these thirteen templates are a good place to start.
So, who’s ready to get crafting? You can get your copy of the Australian Animals ebook in our printables store (also available in our TPT store).
More Australian-themed crafts