Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to be a qualified teacher to home school my child?2020-05-19T12:53:59+00:00

No, you don’t have to be a qualified teacher, you just need to be committed to the child/ren that God entrusted to you. If you are not well skilled in Math & science, you may need the assistance of a qualified Tutor with these two subjects.

Is it not illegal to home school my child?2020-05-20T12:39:48+00:00

No, home schooling is a legal form of education in South Africa and as such protected by law. Up to the age 0f 15 years or the completion of Grade nine, children in South Africa are legally bound to attend a registered form of school, therefore your home school will also be registered with the Dept of Education. For more information on this, please see the Downloadable document: Policy on Home Education on our Services page.

What is the best age to start with home schooling my child?2020-05-19T13:05:15+00:00

The sooner you start, the better. Through AEE and DUNAMAI, in Grade One, children will “learn to read” with our Phonetic Program, the ABC’s with Ace & Christi. From Grade two upwards, they will “read to learn”

Do I need to have a separate room to use as a classroom?2020-05-19T12:51:58+00:00

No, your child can work at his/her desk in the bedroom or at the kitchen or dining room table. Although the ideal will be to have a separate designated area where your child can work, it is not always possible.

How soon will I be able to start with my home schooling after registration?2020-05-19T12:51:19+00:00

As soon as your application has been approved and the Starter Pack from AEE (containing the Home Educator’s Manual & AEE Scope & Sequence) and your child’s first PACES have been received, a date & time will be scheduled by your Hosting Academy’s Principal to do the training. You will be able to start with the home schooling right after that.

What is a PACE?2020-05-19T12:50:46+00:00

In ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) the work for one year for each subject has been divided into twelve modules that we call Paces. At the end of each PACE the student writes an exam, which we call a PACE Test. For more information in this, please follow the link on our Home page to AEE.

Will my child be able to continue directly on the current Grade level that they have been working before we started with the home school?2020-05-20T12:40:35+00:00

This will depend on which curriculum you have been using. Should your child transfer from an ACE school to Home schooling with us, he/she will be able to continue from where they have been working in the school. All student transferring from a conventional school curriculum will have to do the Diagnostic Tests.

Where will my child do these tests?2020-05-19T12:49:35+00:00

Currently we have two options available;

  • Hard copies are available in the following subjects:

Mathematics, English, Afrikaans, Science, Social Studies and Word Building. The cost for these hard copies, (including the evaluation) is R 750. These are available from the Academy and can be posted to you with clear instructions. Your child will then be able to complete it in the comfort of your own home.

  • The Diagnostic Tests are also online available on the American ACE website. For more information on this, please follow the following link; www.acediagnostictest.com
Is home schooling not very expensive?2020-05-19T12:48:09+00:00

You will need to be the judge of that. The current registration cost is R 4 154 for your home school, regardless of how many children you have. This is a Once-off payment. Other costs will be the quarterly Service fees to the hosting Academy as well the PACES  that will be ordered for your child. Currently, we have a substantial discount available on the registration fee. For this, please go to our website and see the Pop up on this. Follow the following link for this: https://dunamai.co.za

Will my child be able to go to university after completion of Grade 12?2020-05-20T12:41:41+00:00

Like with any application to a university, regardless from which school your graduated with their Grade 12, it remains the prerogative of the said University which students they admit or not. You will have to contact the university of your choice to find out what their minimum requirements are for the direction/field in which your child wants to study. At AEE we have three possible options for an Exit Qualification at the end of the student’s Grade 12 year. For more information on this, please see the downloadable document: Exit Qualifications Options for AEE Associated Members on our website page for Services.

Let’s Get Started

Your Homeschooling Journey awaits. Let’s get the ball rolling by contacting us.

Go to Top