What kind of games can you play for Easter? You will love this bunny themed Easter movement game for toddlers and preschoolers!
This printable movement game is easy to download and print out for a low prep Easter party activity!
It’s really as easy as it looks. Print out the cards, tape them to the ground, and turn on some music! Your kids will thank you!
Kids love this game because they get to hop like a bunny! Parents love it because it gets kids moving around while they get to sit down and take a break. It’s so simple to pull together too. If you have any big kids, you can even put them in charge of the game, like I did!
Here’s what you need to play this Easter Movement Game:
How do you do a candy (or prize) hop for Easter? This Easter movement game is so easy!
- Print out the movement game cards
- Tape them in a circle around whatever room you’ll be playing in. Hardwood floor is easier than carpet.
- Cut up the calling cards (the smaller bunny pictures) so that you have small pictures of each of the colorful bunny cards.
- Turn on some music and tell kids to HOP around on the cards in a circle, all going the same direction.
- Stop the music and pick one of the small picture cards to show. Whoever is standing on that picture can go and choose a prize.
- Repeat until all kids have gotten a prize (or 2 or 3).
** Keep an eye out for kids who haven’t gotten a prize yet and tweak the game a bit to make sure that everyone gets around the same amount of prizes/candy.
Why should we do a game at our Easter party?
Game are always fun at parties!
- Games are a great way to bring kids together at a party!
- A candy walk gives parents a minute to sit down and watch their kids have fun.
- Music always livens up a party.
- Candy walks can be adapted for any theme. You can make your movement game based on your preschooler’s interest or even holidays.
- Games bring variety to a party- We love to have art, sensory play, games, and sometimes science activities!
- Children have a strong need for physical play!
Printable Easter Movement Game Cards
What sort of prizes should we get?
We like to keep this game simple at Easter and pick 1-2 candies or prizes that we won’t be putting in eggs for our egg hunt.
- Temporary tattoos
- Goldfish crackers (or another savory snack)
What else would you add?
Make your Easter extra awesome for your kids with this easy game!
Need some other easy activity ideas for Easter? Check out our Easter hunt!
Do you have any other favorite Easter activities? Share them in the comments!